DM2 is a Synthesis Drum Machine. It has been made by the core team that brought you DM1, one of the first Drum Machine for iPad, that won an Apple Design Award in 2012. Special 40% OFF price for the first week!
DM2 brings a new approach to Drum Synthesis with a powerful and easy to use graphic editor to create and manipulate sound. It it packed with ready-made factory Drum Kits. You can mix and match any sound from any drum kits to any track of your song. Play a song and load any drum kits (from factory kits or from any other songs) to listen to a completely new song every time.
As electronic musicians ourselves, we, at Audionomy, have developed DM2 with the intention of delivering the perfect mix between fun playability and powerful sonic capacities. We always keep in mind the importance of a beautiful design with the right balance of powerful abilities while avoiding clumsy interfaces.
DM2 offers 6 main sections:
1 - THE STEP SEQUENCER takes advantage of the iPad multi-touch screen for fast and creative patterns drawing. The Sequences handles 16 or 32 steps patterns and is polymetric (just gently tap and drag the blue handle at the right end of each track).
2 - THE DRUMS PAGE is a powerful graphic Audio Synthesis editor. Play, experiment and discover new sounds with the 6 graphs. Tap the little magnifying glass each title bar, it will expand the graph to a bigger size for extra precision.
3 - THE PADS PAGE simply lets you play and record any beat that tickles your fingers, with automatic quantize so that you don’t miss a beat. With a Beat Repeat effect for extra fun.
4 - THE MIXER PAGE for quick and subtle sound mixing of your drum kits. Large and spacey so that you can get the big picture. Pan and Solo included.
5 - THE FX SECTION offer a powerful Quad Pads Effect processors. Refine or super charge your sounds with this powerful Master effect chain.
6 - THE SONG PAGE allows you to quickly build a song with the patterns you have created. Just drag and drop the patterns onto the timeline. Each pattern in a song can be repeated for compact Song composition.
One more thing, DM2 is Ableton Link compatible.
• Retina Display
• Graphic design by Jonas Eriksson
• Pure Data powered audio engine with dynamic rendering
• Ready-made electronic drum kits
• Step Sequencer with multi-touch matrix
• 16 or 32 Steps per patterns
• Polymetric Sequencer
• Powerful graphic editor for Audio Synthesis
• That offers for each sound:
• A mix of an oscillator (Sin|Triangle|Sawtooth|Square) and a noise generator
• Two self-oscillating filters (lowpass|bandpass|hipass)
• Two volume envelopes (exponential|linear|clap)
• A pitch modulator for the oscillator (exponential|lfo|random)
• A distortion effect to boost or crush your sound
• A stereo switch
• Copy and Paste sounds
• Swap sounds between two tracks
• 9 Pads to play and record patterns
• With Beat Repeat effect
• Full screen Mixer with volume, pan and solo mode for each track
• 4 FX Pads for your Master Effects chain : Compressor | Overdrive >>> Phaser | Chorus >>> Delay >>> Reverb
• Mode song with fast editing and patterns repeat
• Audio background mode
• Audiobus support
• Full Midi implementation
• Inter-App Audio support
• Ableton Link compatible
DM2 is optimized for iPad Air and more recent models and run with older models.
Watch the DM2 video trailer and a first Synthesis tutorial here: http://audionomy.fr/youtube.htm
There is a lot to come in the next versions, including:
- Multiple Synthesis Engines
- Synthesis Tutorials
- Record & Share audio
- Export & Import songs
- Full Midi Mapping
- Step Subdivisions
And a few extra surprises too we'll keep secret for now ;^)
Website : audionomy.fr
Youtube : audionomy.fr/youtube.htm
Facebook : audionomy.fr/facebook.htm
Twitter : twitter.com/audionomyapps
Known bug : 1.0.1 can crash with midi out when sending notes or clock.