Introducing Pro HDR X, the first complete overhaul of the world’s most popular HDR app. (Requires iOS 8.)
Five years ago, we created Pro HDR, which won many awards and has since been purchased over a million times. Now, we are thrilled to release Pro HDR X, the first app to leverage iOS 8’s bracketed burst exposure capture support. No more waiting, no more worrying about dynamic range — Pro HDR X captures true HDR images automatically and instantly, with dramatically better results than ever before.
"Pro HDR X is far better than Apple's built-in software" -- TUAW (October 19, 2014)
Going way beyond the limited HDR built into iOS, Pro HDR X dynamically analyzes the scene in realtime and provides up to 10 additional stops of dynamic range. For the first time, Pro HDR X now uses three separate full-resolution exposures to generate your HDR, giving you maximum dynamic range with minimal artifacts and noise. And we still also offer manual mode for those who wish to select their exposure points by hand. Plus, there’s even a new slider that lets you fine-tune exactly how much HDR effect you want after your shot is captured.
Not only does Pro HDR X feature a massive leap in image quality and speed, we’ve totally redesigned the UI, bringing a modern iOS 8 look and feel to the app. We’ve hand-crafted the interface to perfectly suit each device’s native size and resolution, from the iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, and of course to the new iPhone 6 and 6+, both of which get custom new layouts and optimizations. And we haven’t forgotten iPads, which also feature brand new interfaces perfectly suited to their larger screens.
The features don’t end there. Pro HDR X also includes:
• Advanced photo library support, from editing single images to aligning and merging HDRs from two or three bracketed images. We even let you import giant DSLR images from your photo library (up to 24 megapixels) so you can create professional HDRs on the go.
• State-of-the-art image registration and blending. We precisely correct for translation and rotation between images, giving you the sharpest possible images. And of course, our images are saved at full resolution.
• Rear and front camera support (real HDR selfies… yay), self-timer, flash options, digital zoom, cropping, and grid overlay
• Live-updating sliders to perfect your HDR; control HDR strength, brightness, contrast, saturation, warmth, and tint, or let Pro HDR X pick the best settings for you
• Beautiful filters and frames custom written and designed by us
• Text captions so you can add words to your photos (your choice of font and color)
• Geotag (optional) GPS + Compass / EXIF data saved to your camera roll
• Share your HDRs with the world via built-in iOS sharing support
Please note: Pro HDR X requires iOS 8. If your device runs iOS 8, Pro HDR X will support it! If you don’t have iOS 8, we still offer our original Pro HDR app, which supports iOS 4 and newer, so check that out.