The Seeing Eye, the pioneer in guide dogs, and Sendero Group, the pioneers of accessible GPS, have teamed up to create The Seeing Eye GPS™. Almost 20 years of user feedback and feature requests are behind the design of all Sendero GPS products. The accessible features in The Seeing Eye GPS™ are only the beginning of what is yet to come as users help in evolving this first fully accessible GPS product for the iPhone. The Seeing Eye GPS™ is a fully accessible turn-by-turn GPS iPhone app with all the normal navigation features plus features unique to blind users.
Unique to The Seeing Eye GPS™
• Instead of multiple layers of menus, the three important navigation elements are on the lower portion of every screen: Route, POIs and Location.
• At intersections, the cross street and its orientation are announced
• Intersections are described (e.g. four-way) with the clock face orientation of the streets.
• There are three choices for POI data (Navteq, Foursquare, and OSM).
• Directions are configured appropriately for Pedestrian and Vehicle routes, including heads-up announcements for approaching turns, turn now, continue straight and upcoming turns.
• If one wanders off the route, it's automatically recalculated and updated turn information is announced.
• Point your phone in a given direction to hear what is nearby with the LookAround Wand.
• Nearby Points of interest and intersections are automatically announced.
Requires: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 WiFi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular. iOS 5.0 or later.